One of the best presentations I have seen in a really long time, What the F**k is Social Media by Marta Kagan is an absolutely wonderful look at social media - the incredible power that it holds over the internet, and the potential that it can provide - if used correctly mind you - for both companies and individuals.
Not riddled with text or "How To" tips that anyone with a little bit of common sense would understand - the presentation wins marks in my books not only for the depth of information that it covers, but the quality of the presentation itself. The perfect presentation to leverage if your trying to convince key decision makers in your company that they need to get behind social media initiatives.
Some interesting facts:
- 2/3rds of the Global Internet Population visits social networks
- Social Sites actually have more activity then personal email
- 13 hours of YouTube videos are uploaded every minute
- 100,000,000 YouTube videos are viewed every day
- 3,600,00,000 number of photos on Flickr as of June 2009
- 1382% is the monthly growth rate of Twitter from January to February 2009
Truly worth checking out...